28/04/2022 Leasowe Lighthouse, Wirral

Bluethroat: Hats off to local legend Allan Conlin who today found the Wirral's first April record and the fisrt one for 12 years. Found this morning along the pathway at the back of the horse paddocks between the kissing gates. 
I turned up pretty quick, before the scrum and crowds descended on to the narrow track and was rewarded with some really nice views of it foraging on the path.  
This small robin-like bird, the male is unmistakable in spring with his bright blue throat, bordered below with bands of black, white and chestnut.
Wheatear: Just like yesterday's broad-billed sandpiper these local twitches are alway good fun as you meet all the usual folk, old friends and new. 
 



I feel like I've had a really good few weeks birding with some really special bird and a lifer yesterday, I'm still out checking my local patches and seeing the new spring migrants arrive. here to more good birding days this summer.