24/04/2022 Pennington Flash

Arctic Tern:  Excellent day ended with these marvoulls terns at penny, blown in on the strong easterly winds they came as a small flock of Arctic and a few common.  
Typically hey never stopped, whizzing past and feeding on the main lake they were best viewed from the northern bank near the rucks.  
Common Tern: I took my mum and  Autumn with me, along with the promise of a lolly ice and a trip to the park.  Autumn was really well behaved and was happy to walk all around the the other side of the lake and watched me take photos of the birds while sitting with me mum. 
The common terns came a little closer which gave me better opportunities for some more infocus shots. 

Really end this little trip out, not too far from where I live, some loved ones in toe and some great birds. 




Greater Scaup: The day before I this very smart looking greater scaup. It was showing really well off the spit at Horrocks Hide associating with a small flock of tufted ducks. 
More cautious  than the tufties it never came super close, but still good to see.