27/10/2020 Meols, Wirral

Snow Bunting: The coast and the Dee estuary have always attracted the snow bunting and they are now a fairly regular winter visitor to the Wirral coast. 
The two birds were very confiding and seem to ignore the presence of humans whether they were walking past, cycling or walking their dogs they weren't phased and continued to forage on the embankment of the sea defences along the prom. 






Seeing that they were showing incredibly well, once I had finished work I headed over just in time to catch the last of the diminishing Autumn light. 
And I'm glad I made the effort as they were walking right up to me, within two or three feet. 


The one thing I have to comment on are the bone-headed selfish members of the public who without any consideration of what I and the other birders and those with cameras were obviously doing decided still to walk right past our shots. A little courtesy wouldn't have gone a miss!  
This is probably the world’s land bird that breeds furthest north, seeking treeless barren tracts for its nesting sites in the Arctic Circle and nearby. Although a few nest in the tops of the Cairngorms, it is mainly a rare winter visitor to our coasts, particularly the east coast.



The two birds can be found 100m north from Meols Parade. along the promenade heading towards Leasowe.  

Black Redstart: Another great bird that was in the area was this cracking black redstart. It was frequenting the garden of 292 along Meols Parade. 



The bird kept its distance while foraging on the lawn and driveway of the house and regularly few up onto the roof and garage. 







Common Buzzard: I do love this part of the North West, I always have a feeling that it would be a nice place to live. Somewhere you can find scares birds and somewhere you can see interesting birds, unlike Wigan. 




Maybe one day when I win the lottery!