15/10/2020 Elton Reservoir, Bolton

Greater Scaup: With Lockdown 2 looming I was keen to capitalise on any small opportunity I can get to go out birding. So when dawn asked me to collect a parcel from Whitefield after work today I jumped at the chance. 
As I was passing Elton Reservoir  I thought I would stop and see if I could relocate the greater scaup that has been there for a few days and also the bar-tailed godwit that's taken up residence there. 
It didn't take long to pick up the scratty looking 1st winter drake scaup as it was feeding con its own lose to Capsticks.   

The bar-wit was was also foraging in its usual flooded field, viewed from the muddy track around the res. 



Losing the light and with the rain clouds moving in fast I didn't hang around the res for too long and made my way to the shop to collect Dawns parcel.