Trip Report - Delta de l'Ebre, Tarragona, Catalonia, Spain

Griffon Vulture: This week I turned 40, a milestone I have not been looking forward to, but one I could't escape. However I was able to escape the UK for some Spanish summer sun.  


Western Swamphen: Located in the province of Tarragona in southern Catalonia, the Delta de l’Ebre is an impressive natural landmark which attracts thousands of nature-lovers each year. 


Western Bonelli's Warbler: Where the Ebro River meets the Mediterranean Sea, the Delta de l’Ebre is home to a wide variety of wetland birds. I also ventured out up into the hills and to the drylands of Lleida and Zona Picnic Mont-roig.
 

Collard Pratincole: This trip was actually a surprise trip that the one in million partner of mine Dawn decided to gift me, with some help from Gary Edwards they conspired together to find a location that's birdy enough for me and offered family activities. 


Whiskered Tern: The area close to the sea is comprised of large lagoons and marshes, dunes and sand, with small remains of riverside forests by the banks of the river. Due to its naturalistic and ornithological character, the ares is internationally known. 
Gossy Ibis: Please check out the detailed trip report at the bottom of the blog page.