18/02/2023 Bolton, Greater Manchester

Waxwing: Spent my Saturday morning on a resitential estate in Bolton, a typical place you would find waxwings as they seek out the red berries of ornamental bushes and shrubs. 

Over the past few weeks this single waxwing has taken up residence at Laurel Avenue feeding on s small cotoneaster bush outside of a lovely ladies house. 

When I arrived there was a the group of mainly camouflage clad blokes with long lenses and no binoculars pointing their telephotos high up at a tree, a good sign the bird is still here. 

After a short wight the bird flew down and landed on the cotoneaster before scoffing the berries. 

I need up chatting to the lady who was happy to allow us to stand on her driveway, this was great, really greats as the bird either favoured the far side of the bush or was in a position were the branches where in the way.


 

The wether was hit a and miss with blue skies and then rolling grey clouds, I had to wait and chance my luck between the differing light levels. 
A tricky situation to be in but with some patines and knowhow I got there in the end with some stunning blue skies and an even more stunning bird.