01/09/2020 Horwich Moor, Bolton

Wryneck: This Bank Holiday weekend it's been our anniversary, Dawn and I have been together nine years! And with this being our first year with little Autumn in toe I decided to forgo birding this weekend and spend some time with the family.
Despite having a lovely time playing around at Farmer Teds with the baby and having a nice meal out in Liverpool I was constantly being haunted by the superb wryneck pictures coming out of Spurn.

Patrick was even sending some over via our groups whatsapp, the new buzz word Fear of missing out (FOMO) has never felt so ture.



So when new broke on Sunday evening that there was a local wryneck only 25 minutes away from my house I was relieved.  I set my alarm for an early morning arrival, but had to wait a while for the sun to warm up and the bird to appear.






The bird spent much of its time feeding below a small hill just behind a fence and was feeding on a ant hill along the fence line before alighting upon a fence post and flying out of view.




A lovely bird and a excellent Manchester tick.