16/05/2020 Brockholes, Preston

Temminck's Stint: Today was my birthday and after a lovely morning having been spoilt by Dawn and our little baby Autumn. I was keen to set off out somewhere.

Luckily there are some very decent local birders who are still putting news of the local rarities and not forming cliques and suppressing news, I doubt a dozen local birders would have made a significant impact on the already awful Covid-19 statistics.
It was Bill Aspin who found the bird and broke the news. Thanks Bill.

Upon arriving the bird was foraging on the shores of pit no:1.
Here are some images I took this time last year during my birding trip to Lesvos, Greece.

Theses bird are tiny, greyish-brown waders with a white belly and short, stubby, yellowish legs. On these images from Lesvos you can clearly make out its yellowish legs.





Nice to have bumped in to Bill and local birders Mark and Gill Cookson, albeit from a socially approved distance.