13/11/2022 Uwchmynydd, Gwynedd

Isabelline Wheatear: The end of the year is fast approaching and I'm keen to keep my momentum and pick up new birds when I can. 

So seeing a window between my weekend dad duties I headed down in hope for the Issy that has been hanging around Llyn Peninsula.  



When we arrived we noticed Trevor Ellery and Phil Novis togging a bird in a small depression close to the cliff. The sight of other fellow twitters on site togging a bird after a three hour drive is definable a welcome sight.

Means the bird is still present. Fantastic.
A particularly tricky bird to identify, due to its similarities with Northern wheatear. The major identification features of Isabelline wheatear include the white of rump starting lower down the back with a broader terminal black tail band and shorter stem of ‘T' and whiteish underwings. 
Issy also have a place washed out plumage with a lack of contrast between the upperparts and wings.


This bird takes me to 418, my target,  or hope is to hit 420 for the 2022. 

Here's hoping.