07/09/2022 Spurn, East Riding of Yorkshire

Citrine Wagtail: I was back working in Hull this week and couldn't resist another go at the cit wag. The bird was still pretty reliable staying faithful to the grassy area at the back of the Riverside Hotel.



I arrived early and headed down Beacon Lane and worked my way down to the Warren, my plan was to find something good, I've really ben feeling an Iccy might be on the cards. I scanned and searched through the hedges and bushes without any luck. 

But I wasn't disappointed by wagtails performance, after a short wait the bird dropped in with a couple of pied wags and began to forage on the lawn, picking out small grubs and insects from between the blades of grass.

The longest staying cit wag recorded at Spurn, the day these were taken it was the birds 9th consecutive day.