28/12/2020 Brickcroft Nature Reserve, Longton, Preston

Red-crested Pochard: Today was a day of two halfs, after waking up to snow here in Wigan and playing with the baby. I ended the day collecting some photography studio equipment from Preston where there was no snow at all!
Seeing as I was already in Preston picking up this studio kit which I will use for work purposes. I thought I would stop off at the Brickcroft Nature Reserve. Brickcroft Nature Reserve is situated west of the A59, southwest of Preston on the edge of Longton village. 



There had been reports of a drake RCP on the main lakes here for over a month, but with Christmas and the tightening of the Covid restrictions I thought it best not to travel. 







When I arrived the bird was on the largest southern lake, unfortunately the bird was clearly associating with mallard and wasn't shy, I even saw it come to bread that some family had brought to feed the ducks.


I have even been told by Stuart Darbyshire that its sporting a red ring on its leg. All of which leads me to believe this is not a genuine, bonafide, truly wild RCP. Nevertheless and regardless of its credibility it was still nice to be out of the house seeing a decent bird.

If anyone wants to see my professional work photography page, please check it out below.

https://austinmorleyphotography.com/