06/06/2013 Llyn Brenig

Redstart: (female) After reading Bucko's Birding Blog, which I would recommend to anyone who enjoys a good birding blog and wildlife pics, I decided to try my luck at the stunning  Llyn Brenig. 





The reservoir and visitor centre is set in 920 acres of stunning moorland and huge coniferous forest but I spent most of my time in the car park!
This was because there were a pair of Redstart nesting here and as soon as I left my car I spotted the breathtaking male, but only briefly before he flew off and I didn't see him again.
The female on the other hand was showing incredibly well not just for me, as I was snapping away with my camera, but for a lucky few sitting in their car eating ice creams as she flew among the trees right in front of the cars.....now that's my kind birding!
I also spotted a handful of Siskin and Redpoll fluttering around the treetops all from the car park.

Its a great place and with such stunning weather I had a great day, check out Michael Buckley 'Buckos' blog;

http://birdmanofelporto.blogspot.co.uk/