09/04/2017 Marshide RSPB, Southport

Meadow Pipit: Another nice day out with some stunning blue skies and warm weather - I could get use to this!


I was hoping to see Shropshire's Night Heron and spend the day at Venus Pools, however it seemed like the bird did a bunk and disappeared in the night.
Wheatear: So hoping to see my first Wheatear of the years and wasn't disappointed as I counted four individuals foraging around the sand works area. This seemed a popular spot, as there were birders all over the place.
The sand works area is directly Sandgrounders Hide on the opposite side of the road, this is a nice area for mipits, Skylark, Linnet and the odd Ringed Plover.
Avocet: After wandering around the sand works area I ventured over to Sandgrounders Hide where I was confronted by a frenzy of Black-headed gulls with hundreds of them squawking away.
Mediterranean Gull: But take your time and look through the mass of black heads and you will see med gulls. I counted four two very distant and two petty close in that were displaying to each other.
Overall It was a nice day out and I was very pleased that I left the house early as the traffic through Ormskirk towards Southport in the afternoon was horrendous, I was glad I was travelling in the opposite direction.