07/03/2017 Dunnington, North Yorkshire

Pine Bunting: From Wigan to Linconshire and then to Dunnington and back....to say I was pleased to finally see this bird was an understatement. This was my second visit and after missing it by a few minutes I was thrilled to at last see it.

The bird was in its so called usual bush that can be found at the end of Intake Lane, half way down the stubble field.
Not only did I get my second Pine Bunting of the year I was also made up to bump in to Colin Wells and Lynn who kindly kept up company and were a delight to chat with.

These images were taken on my Iphone through my scope, and at some distance so they wont win any awards. But there isn't many images floating about of this bird so I happy to get some nice record shots.


Josh Jones has some brilliant images on his blog and a nice write up, well worth checking out.

http://joshrjones.blogspot.co.uk/2017/01/pine-bunting.html