20/11/2015 Pennington Flash


Shag: Yesterday I got lucky and arrived in time to see the Dearest Wheatear before it disappeared, today I arrived at Pengies Hide I had just literally missed crippling views of the Shag, gutted.







When I arrived the bird was foraging in and around the Dog Wood before going out of sight behind the nearby reeds.




Little Grebe: However while the Shag was doing it own disappearing act this local Little Grebe put on a good show right in front of the hide.


Although I just missed out on crippling views of the Shag, It was still a lovely morning. Sheltering from the rain with Water Rail squealing in the nearby reeds and Kingfisher dashing about the pond.


Before I left the Shag did reappear but only to go back over to the Dog Wood, this time even more distant.