03/11/2014 Dovestone RSPB

Rough Legged Buzzard: After the RLB invasion I was thrilled to finally catch up my first over Dovestone Reservoir.

Gary, Jon and I sped up straight to the site where the bird has been spotted the day before, thanks to Damien for the directions.

Almost as soon as we arrived not one bird but two came soaring over the ridge, we didn't have to wait long before one bird came right over the road above our heads!


This bird gave us some cracking views however the winds made it pretty difficult to get a decent shot, never mind as I was just pleased to catch up with this striking bird.
It was nice to bump in to Andy Makin- the old man of the moors (his words not mine) he was on the wrong moor though.






Red Grouse: The place was full of Red Grouse, no surprise I guess but I had never seen so many so close up there before.