28/12/2013 Budby Common

Parrot Crossbill: After turning down yesterdays  mega twitch to see the White-billed Diver and Brunnich's Guillemot as I have been unwell over Christmas. I was feeling sorry for myself so I decided to go see these Parrot Xs which have been hanging around Budby Common all month.
After heading down the M62 which was chaos due to an earlier accident and then getting stuck on the A1 with more congestion,  myself, Alex Jones and Tanmay came across a group of birders who directed us straight to a flock of 6 high up in a pine.
We enjoyed some cracking views of the flock feeding before flying off in to the wood.

A nice surprise to the end of the day was spotting a very Great Grey Shrike.




P.S Thanks to Scott and Liam for the get well text messages showing me the awesome pictures of the Diver and Guille - this did not make me jealous at all, and I was not effing and blinding.