26/04/2013 Frodsham Marsh

Whitethroat: (female) I LOVE Frodsham Marsh but or me Froddie can be very hit or miss, but today was definitely a hit!









Tank no.3 was full of Whitethroat, Chiffchaff and the odd Reed Warbler singing from the reeds and at the far end of no.6 there were both female and male Marsh Harriers showing really well. They flushed a dozen Black Tailed Godwit and Redshank.

Yellow Wagtail: I walked all the way around tank no.6 past Lordship Marsh were I spotted two Yellow Wags in the recently ploughed field.








This was one of my two target birds for the day and I was thrilled to see it close up, the last time I saw a Yellow Wag was right here in the same field a few years back, but at some distance.

Winchat: The second of my two target birds was spotted almost straight after getting my first, I spotted two Winchat in the same ploughed field along with a few Reed Bunting and one female Wheatear and I saw my first two Swift of the year.





OK today was no Rock Thrush, Hoopoe or Rich Pip at Spurn (I turned down a lift) but getting both birds I wanted to see made my day that little more bearable.