25/01/2012 The River Clwyd


Grey Plover: I started my North Wales trip in Rhyl at the marina lake where I instantly noticed its water level was remarkably low, but this was great as it had drawn good numbers of waders including Redshank and Dunlin.





The deeper parts of the lake held a few Red Breasted Merganser and one male Goosander.

I then walked over to Brickfields ponds hoping to see my first Scaup, as there has been one in the area for a week or two but I didn't see it, I guess it might of moved back on to the river. So I took a trip along past the river and over to Rhuddlan Nature Reserve on the way the tide was in and the river full.



The edges alongside its banks where peppered with waders like this Grey Plover, Turnstone and Redshank and the river itself had huge numbers of Teal.