12/11/2018 Hartlepool, County Durham

Little Swift:  Here we have the 30th record for the UK and a bird I disappointingly dipped back in June 2012, and have never lived it down.

I don't make life easy for myself!
The 2012 bird was the famous New Brighton little swift that stayed for several days before I had a chance of going up to see it and when I did it was the same day it flew off, never to be seen again.
Well, lads I now have gripped it back, and little swift is well and truly on my list.

On the Sunday the bird arrived it was spotted going to roost under the eves of a window on no.12 Cliff Terrace and when I arrived at first light the bird remained at its roost site.






It was remarkable to see the bird so close up and in such good detail.


At 7.30 on the dot the bird flew off its roost site and began forgoing along the prom at Hartlepool Headland.

A very tricky bird to photograph I had to manually focus on each frame and track the bird as it sped through the sky and hawked above our heads and at times came within just 2-3feet of us, too close to focus!!
The bird was showing unbelievably well and remained low. At times it was swooping  around the railings of the prom, right past our feet and even flying along the beach below us! Truly amazing stuff.
Supper little bird.