07/10/2018 Haltwhistle Cemetery, Northumberland

European Bee Eater: After a very disappointing morning where once again Dawn and I failed to secure tickets to Glastonbury I decided to take the long trip up the M6 and see this little beaut.

A stunning bird and one I've only seen once before in the UK and almost in the same area.
Once I parked up I headed in to the cemetery hoping to find a large crowd of birders and toggers snapping away, but after a 10 minute search I still could find the bee eater or the birders.
I eventually bumped din to another birder who was also on the lookout and also in the wrong place like myself, we realise the bird had moved away from the cemetery and down towards the river.
Here there was about 20 people enjoying the colourful bird on this dull grey day.
While there I was told that the bird has been in the area for 10 days and I could see it was feeling well on a wasps nest in the nearby house.
It was good to catch up with young Elliot and good to hear he is doing well at Carlisle Uni.