15/04/2018 My Garden, Abram, Wigan

Siskin: ****A GARDEN FIRST****

I'm always thrilled when I get a new species of bird in my garden, it doesn't happen all that often, and makes me think the work that I am doing in my very own garden patch is working.
Not only was it a joy to see this siskin enjoying the seed I have on offer, but also watching the pair of blue tits and great tits nest building in their bird boxes. This would be the fourth year for the blue tit and the third for the great tit in the same boxes since Dawn and I bought this house.


I get a huge amount of enjoyment out of watching the birds in the garden, putting out food and watching the birds dart onto the feeders. I know I'm certainly not alone, but I look at my neighbours gardens and don't see any feeders, no bird boxes nothing!

These people must be mad!
Siskin & Goldfinch: The little yellow bird hung around most of the morning, often on its own but would be occasionally joined by some of the local goldfinch.