08/04/2017 Wiagn Flashes

Reed Warbler: I rarely  come to Wigan Flashes, I'm not sure why as on a day like to day the place is buzzing wit wildlife. Brimstone Butterflies, Redpoll, Sand Martins, Cetti's, Blackcaps, Chiffchaff and Willow Warbler, the place was full of things to see!
I came to see the 1st Winter LTD that was found this morning by Ken Dunning, but got distracted on the way by my first Reed Warbler of the year who was singing away in the reed bed next to Pearson's Flash.
Willow Warbler: Then by a Willow Warbler who put a supurb show singing and flycatching. 
Long-tailed Duck: Eventually I made it to the LDT who sat far out on Pearson's Flash and was busily bathing and splashing around. 

I watched it for about an hour, hoping it might come closer before finally giving up and to enjoy the sunny walk back to the car.