12/06/2015 Cumbria

Lesser Whitethroat: I spent the week surveying alongside Mr David Haigh a legend from the Wirral lot. He and I came across a pair of Lesser Whitethroat on a Breeding Birds Survey and I decided to go back in my free time and try for some pictures.
In typical fashion the birds were extremely difficult to pin down, I must have taken at least 300 frames consisting of the back of the bird, blurred branches and tantalising glimpses of the skulky bird.






In the end one of the birds flew across the road and and gave me some blinding full frontal views for only a few seconds before dipping back in to the undergrowth.

This gave me enough time to rattle off a couple of frames capturing these two beauties, time well spent.


Tawny Owl: One another trip out earlier in the week Dave and I were joined by Kenny D. We took a long walk in the village we were staying in and caught up with the local Tawny Owl and several Spot fly.