26/01/2014 Pennington Flash

Willow Tit: Yesterday I spent a very pleasant   morning dodging the dog walkers and Saturday morning runners down at penny.



I started the morning off at the Bunting Hide were I came across this little dude, who had a deformed claw. I first Thought it was Trichomosis but this is a respiratory disease - Mr Woollens thoughts are that it may have broken its leg and it has healed in a deformed way.

Bullfinch: The feeding station was busy with a flurry of different species. The highlights being a large flock of Bullfinches a male GS Woodie and a few Jay.











Jay: I was hoping to see or hear the Cetti's Warbler which has been frequenting the reeds around one of the hides and I was hoping to get lucky and pick up a white winger among the gulls, but after looking and looking I never turned up anything special.






Goldeneye: The best of the rest from around penny's pools where Goldeneye and several Goosander and a few Kingfisher calling and whizzing past Tom Eds.