19/04/2013 The Great Orme

Ring Ouzel (female): I finally struck luck after several failed attempt's at spotting a Ring Ouz this year.

Over in the sheep pens I spotted six, five males and only one female they were very actively calling to each other and moving between the rock wall and bank.
Ring Ouzel (male): Its nice to see one but its fantastic to see half a dozen of these charismatic birds, it was just a shame the sun was behind this male.
Merlin: In the same field this female Merlin suddenly came out of no where and perched right in front of me until the local Crows came to mob it off their patch.
Chough: I have recently been told my Blog is full of rubbish puns well here's another! I was so choughed to bits to see these Chough.

There were two birds again in the same field and they kept coming back to feed beneath the stone wall the Ring Ouzels were using, another UK tick, get in!



Meadow Pipit: Other birds of note were the many Stonechat and Wheatear which were literally everywhere. I spotted a small flock of Siskin over the grave yard, there were two Linnet near the summit car park and mipits like this one were also very numerous.