29/04/2012 Martin Mere WWT

Blackcap: On a stormy day at Martin Mere the rain did its best to keep the birds under cover and me tucked up in a nice dry hide, but rain cant keep me from birding. Along the path passed the Swan Link Hide there where a few Blackcap singing and showing well.
Wood Warbler: While walking around in the rain trying to find the Blackcaps I came across a Wood Warbler singing and calling before it decided it had enough of the weather and flew down among the Hawthorn bushes.
Shoveler: I started the morning at the back of the reserve on the Reed Bed Walk, I had some good views of a male Marsh Harrier, two Red Legged Partridge, Pochard and a few Shoveler Ducks which where very flighty to begin with but after a while they returned and where showing well.
No sign of the Crested Pochard or Med Gulls.