29/02/2012 The Great Orme


Fulmars: Fantastic Fulmars seen all the way up Marine Drive. Many look like they are getting ready to nest of the cliff edges and many where where getting harassed by the local Jackdaws. Along the coastline where a number of Oystercatcher, Redshank and the usual Gulls.



Further along Marine Drive on the East side of the Orme close to the hotel there where huge rafts of Razorbills and Guillemots. Many where just loafing around while some where flying up toward the lower cliffs around the coastline.








Great to see them so close up. I would recommend anyone to visit the Great Orme its a cracking place!








Hering Gull: Seen along the wall of Marine Drive infact they are seen everywhere.










Stonechat: This female was seen around the Great Orme Mines seen with a stunning male. Dunnock and Chaffinch where also very active around this area.

I thought I saw a Wheatear here to! I know very early but I am pretty sure. Although like I have said I have been wrong before.